Creole Okra With Smoked Sausage
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 pound fresh okra, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1. Cut sausage diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove sausage from skillet, and wipe skillet clean.
- 2. Sauté okra in hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and seasoning, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Stir in sausage, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes