- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef liver
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked grits
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish, and dredge liver in flour mixture.
Cook liver in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, turning once. Remove liver, reserving drippings in skillet.
Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to reserved drippings, and sauté until tender. Add liver, tomato, bay leaf, and salt; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over grits.