I give this 5 because the recipe is perfect as written. I froze some but regretted it because I wanted more of that awesome flavor.
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham (1 pound)
- 1 pound Cajun-flavored or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 cups cooked rice
- Garnishes: fresh parsley sprig, chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté until tender. Add ham, sausage, and next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes over low heat. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note