Creole Fried Rice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound andouille or smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (green part only)
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water. Spread cooked rice in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
Cut chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces, and toss with 1 tsp. Creole seasoning.
Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes; add sausage, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in okra and remaining 1/2 tsp. Creole seasoning. Increase heat to high; add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with sliced green onions, and serve immediately.