Creole Crusted Chicken
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 100% grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- 6 split chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from concentrate
- Process bread in a blender or food processor until finely ground. Place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add flour and next 5 ingredients.
- Combine buttermilk and 1/4 cup lemon juice; brush mixture on both sides of chicken. Place half of chicken in bag; shake to coat. Arrange chicken on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Sprinkle with any remaining breadcrumb mixture. Stir together butter and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and drizzle evenly over chicken.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note