• 3 shallots, peeled and sliced
• 5 tbsp. butter (divided)
• ½ cup heavy whipping cream
• 11 oz. cream cheese (softened and divided)
• 3 tbsp. Marscapone cheese
• ½ cup chopped green onion
• 2 dozen baguette slices
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lb. crab meat
• 2 oz. goat cheese (crumbled)
1. Sauté shallots in 3 tbsp. melted butter in skillet over medium heat until tender. Add cream; simmer mixture until it reduces by two-thirds. Reduce heat to low; add 3 oz. cream cheese and Mascarpone cheese. Gradually stir in remaining cream cheese, until thickened. Add green onions; remove from heat.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush baguette slices with remaining butter, season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden.
3. Heat cream cheese mixture over low heat. Gently fold crab meat into mixture; pour into a 1½ qt. baking dish or divide evenly among ramekins. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Broil on top rack of oven (6 in. from heat source) until cheese is melted and golden.
Serve immediately with baguette slices or crudité.
Go to full version of