- 1 (12-oz.) package andouille sausage, chopped
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, diced
- Cornbread Crumbles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 (14-oz.) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté andouille sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add green onions and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in Cornbread Crumbles.
Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and sauté 3 minutes. Add sherry, and cook, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half; stir in parsley. Stir mushroom mixture, toasted pecans, and Creole seasoning into cornbread mixture.
Whisk together chicken broth and eggs; add to cornbread mixture, stirring gently just until moistened. Divide mixture between 1 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish and 1 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake dressing at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.