I made this for Sunday night. I couldn't find the gumbo mix so I used soup vegetable mix. Of course, I added a whole lot more creole and some garlic salt. I sent some with my boyfriend to work that night and he called me later raving about how outstanding it was. My son acted the same way. We are adding it to the rotation.
Creole Chicken with Field Pea Succotash
Easy Side: Drizzle sliced fresh tomatoes with oil-and-vinegar dressing; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
5 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen field peas with snaps, thawed
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen vegetable gumbo mix, thawed
- 1 (16-oz.) package baby gold and white whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 skinned, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients and 2 tsp. Creole seasoning in a lightly greased 6-qt. oval-shaped slow cooker.
- 2. Combine paprika and remaining 2 tsp. Creole seasoning; rub over chicken. Arrange chicken on top of vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews