Creole Chicken Pasta
Serve with a spinach salad and crusty French bread.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons no-salt-added Creole seasoning, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into vertical strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half or fat-free evaporated milk
- 1. Combine flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken, and shake to coat.
- 2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. While chicken mixture cooks, cook fettuccine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning and half-and-half; add to chicken mixture in skillet, scraping bottom of skillet to deglaze. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Toss with cooked fettuccine; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note