- 1 cup minced lean ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of red pepper
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Sauté ham, onion, and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet for 3 minutes. Add tomato, green pepper, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove crust from each slice of bread, and cut each slice into 1- x 3-inch strips. Brush bread strips with melted butter. Place on ungreased baking sheet, and lightly toast.
Spread ham mixture over bread strips; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Serve hot.