This is, without a doubt, the most delicious bread pudding ever! It is worthy of a formal dinner, family supper, or special event. You will not regret taking the time and making the effort. And you will make numerous new friends.
Creole Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 2 (12-oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16-oz.) day-old French bread loaf, cubed
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, unpeeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and softened
- Bourbon Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, and 1 cup water in a large bowl until well blended. Add bread cubes, stirring to coat thoroughly. Stir in pineapple and next 4 ingredients. Stir in butter, blending well. Pour into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until set and crust is golden. Remove from oven, and let stand 2 minutes. Serve with Bourbon Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts