- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Sauté onion in drippings in a heavy skillet over low heat until tender. Add meat; cook over low heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain off pan drippings; discard.
Add tomatoes, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper, mixing well. Cook, uncovered, over low heat 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot cooked rice.