This was delicious, but no way do you need 25 minutes in the oven. 10 minutes per inch of thickness is plenty. I didn't' add any hot sauce, it had a lovely warmth to it but not too hot. I will definitely make this one again. Nutrition info would be nice!
Creole Baked Fish
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- 2 (12-oz.) packages frozen cod fillets, thawed according to package directions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté bell peppers and onion in hot oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add wine, and cook 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in tomatoes, 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning, pepper, and, if desired, hot sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Sprinkle 1 side of cod fillets evenly with remaining Cajun seasoning. Place fillets, seasoned sides up, on top of tomato mixture in skillet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This