Very good. Added a few leftover mushrooms and some asparagus. And as one reviewer mentioned some lemon juice. Did not serve with the bread and herbs, filling on its own for lunch. My husband needed a bit more so a dollop of sour cream for his.
Creamy Zucchini Soup with Mixed Herbs
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 cups (1-inch) sliced zucchini (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 5 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette (about 4 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and minced garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini, broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until zucchini is very tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place half of the zucchini mixture in a blender; cover tightly, and process until smooth. Pour pureed zucchini mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining zucchini mixture. Place pureed zucchini mixture in pan. Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat bread with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until toasted. Rub bread with cut sides of garlic clove.
- Place parsley, tarragon, and chives in a small bowl. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour over parsley mixture; toss well.
- Spoon 1 cup soup into each of 8 bowls. Divide parsley mixture evenly over toasted bread slices. Top each serving with 2 bread slices. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews