Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 can(s) (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 can(s) (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- * In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- * Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
- Nutritional Analysis: 1 cup equals 334 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,045 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 22 g protein.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy White Chili Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews