Creamy White Chili
Sour cream and whipping cream are stirred into this chili, making it extra rich and creamy. Rotate white chili into your menu as a substitute for chili with beef and kidney beans.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 (15.8-oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and onion. Sauté 10 minutes or until chicken is done; set aside.
- Combine broth, beans, chiles and seasonings in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add sour cream and whipping cream, stirring well.
- Top each with shredded cheese; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy White Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews