Really good and really easy!
Creamy White Chili
Sour cream and whipping cream are stirred into this chili, making it extra rich and creamy. Rotate white chili into your menu as a substitute for chili with beef and kidney beans.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 (15.8-oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and onion. Sauté 10 minutes or until chicken is done; set aside.
- Combine broth, beans, chiles and seasonings in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add sour cream and whipping cream, stirring well.
- Top each with shredded cheese; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This