Yuck! Made this for the kids and they all tried to like it, but finally gave up. I think it's the cream of wheat that turned us off. It might be good using oatmeal, though.
Creamy Wheat with Pear and Ginger
This whole-grain hot cereal loads 42g whole grains into each packet and is ready in just 1 minute.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 60.6g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Sodium: 258mg
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh pear
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 packet Cream of Wheat Healthy Grain
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 crushed gingersnap
- Toss sliced pear with brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Prepare Cream of Wheat Healthy Grain according to package directions. Top with pear mixture, walnuts, and crushed gingersnap.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This