Creamy Vegetable Pasta
Yield: 6 (1 1/3-cup) servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 419mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons light process cream cheese
- 3/4 cup preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler or knife, if desired. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; place in a microwave-safe dish. Add 1/4 cup water, and cover. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes; drain.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cream cheese; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Combine asparagus, cheese sauce, pasta, and beans in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes