Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 2 cup(s) soy milk
- 1 box(es) macaroni
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 1 dash(es) Black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pureed butternut squash
- ) Begin by Preheating oven to 350
- 2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat, add in elbows and cook until pasta is al dente.
- 3) While waiting for pasta to cook begin preparing your sauce. In a medium size sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat, add in nutritional yeast and mix together to form a paste
- 4) Add in soy milk, using a whisk combine together ingredients make sure your sauce is lump free, let simmer for 5 minute or until sauce begins to thicken
- 5) Add is pureed butternut squash, thoroughly mix together ingredients to ensure everything is well blended (you may notice that the butternut squash also helps to thicken the sauce).
- 6) Stir in Cheese, let sit for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce has a creamy velvety smooth consistency. Remove Sauce from heat and let sit.
- 7) Drain pasta and add pasta to the cheese sauce, stir together and pour mixture into a greased 9 x 9 baking pan
- 8) Sprinkle bread crumbs over macaroni and cheese and let bake for 15 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble
- 9) Serve Warm and enjoy this creamy Vegan home-style comfort food!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KaitsInsideDish and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note