Made this great potato gratin recipe for New Years day..With Ham..blackeyed peas and winter roasted vegetables/marcella wine..What a great meal to start 2014 with..Happy New Year everyone and Please make this Cheesy potato Gratin dish. ..I always add fresh ground mustard seed to my cheese sauce's and this one was a big hit..remember to "cook the flour" and milk mixture until extra thick and creamy..a wire wisk helps with the lumbs.
Creamy Two-Cheese Potatoes Gratin
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- Calcium: 239mg
- 2 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups hot Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the potato slices and garlic cloves in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Combine the Cheddar Cheese Sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange half of the cooked potatoes and garlic in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour half of the sauce mixture over potatoes. Repeat the procedure with remaining potatoes and garlic and remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Two-Cheese Potatoes Gratin Recipe at a Glance