Good recipe. I used half the horseradish to serve with pork. Using all the horseradish would be good with steak.
Creamy Turnip-Potato Purée
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Total time: 30 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 228mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 2 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Place turnips, potatoes, and garlic in a 5-quart pot. Cover with cold water to 2 inches above the vegetables; bring to a boil. Add salt; simmer, uncovered, until tender (about 15 minutes).
- 2. Drain the vegetables in a colander; return to pot. Cook over medium heat to remove excess water, stirring well (about 5 minutes). Stir in the remaining ingredients; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables