This is a really easy, good recipe that appeals to kidsr. Good for our "meatless" meals which we're trying to do more of. I didn't rate it higher just b'c it's not special enough for a special occasion.
Creamy Tortellini Primavera
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-oz.) package refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2. Bring 5 qt. of salted water to a boil; add tortellini, and cook 6 minutes or just until tender. (Pasta should still be firm to bite.) Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain well again. Place in a serving bowl.
- 3. Sauté garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat 1 minute or until garlic is lightly browned. Stir in mushrooms, asparagus, and salt; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in Alfredo sauce mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Pour sauce mixture over cooked tortellini; toss gently. Sprinkle with tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Light Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce and Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes