This is a really easy, good recipe that appeals to kidsr. Good for our "meatless" meals which we're trying to do more of. I didn't rate it higher just b'c it's not special enough for a special occasion.
Creamy Tortellini Primavera
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-oz.) package refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2. Bring 5 qt. of salted water to a boil; add tortellini, and cook 6 minutes or just until tender. (Pasta should still be firm to bite.) Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain well again. Place in a serving bowl.
- 3. Sauté garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat 1 minute or until garlic is lightly browned. Stir in mushrooms, asparagus, and salt; sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in Alfredo sauce mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Pour sauce mixture over cooked tortellini; toss gently. Sprinkle with tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Light Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce and Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note