Highly recommend! I placed on top of greens and drizzled balsamic dressing over the top. So easy and great. Everyone wanted it again - it's a "keeper".
Creamy Tomato-Stuffed Chicken
Pan-fry chicken breasts, then top with ham and cheese and bake in the same skillet. Serve with herbed pasta and sautéed tomatoes for an easy dinner that's perfect for company or family.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 32.3g
- Carbohydrate: 9.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 662mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breast halves (4 breast halves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir together cream cheese, two-thirds of minced garlic, and dried tomatoes. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over one side of each chicken breast, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle 1/4 cup basil and Parmesan cheese evenly over breasts; roll up, jellyroll fashion, and secure with wooden picks, if necessary. Arrange in an 8-inch-square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir together plum tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining one-third minced garlic, and remaining 1/4 cup basil.
- Cut chicken into slices. Serve with tomato mixture.
- Note: Fresh tomato mixture may also be served with toasted or grilled French bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note