- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breast halves (4 breast halves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- calories 262
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 32.3 g
- carbohydrate 9.5 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 83 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 662 mg
- calcium 133 mg
How to Make It
Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Stir together cream cheese, two-thirds of minced garlic, and dried tomatoes. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over one side of each chicken breast, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle 1/4 cup basil and Parmesan cheese evenly over breasts; roll up, jellyroll fashion, and secure with wooden picks, if necessary. Arrange in an 8-inch-square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes.
Stir together plum tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining one-third minced garlic, and remaining 1/4 cup basil.
Cut chicken into slices. Serve with tomato mixture.
Note: Fresh tomato mixture may also be served with toasted or grilled French bread slices.