- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's Original Margarine-stick
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 med = about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- Sour cream or thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
How to Make It
Hands On: 25 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Melt Fleischmann's in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion softens, stirring occasionally.
Add undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Slowly add about 1/2 cup tomato mixture to cream; mix well. Gradually stir cream mixture into saucepan. Remove from heat.
Pour into blender or food processor container and work in batches if necessary; cover. Pulse a few times, then blend just until smooth. Garnish each serving with sour cream or basil, if desired.