- 3 large tomatoes, chopped (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Place first 11 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Add crème fraîche; process until just combined. Pour mixture into a bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan filled halfway with water over high heat; add bay leaf and lemon wedge, and bring to a boil. Add shrimp; boil 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Drain shrimp, and let cool completely.
Divide gazpacho evenly among 4 soup bowls; top with cooled shrimp. Garnish, if desired.