- 4 cups (32 ounces) boxed tomato or tomato-herb soup
- 4 cup slices ry bread, each cut into 4-inch rounds and toasted
- 1 ounce part-skim sharp cheddar cheese, but into 4 slices
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Chopped fresh basil (optional)
- calories 173
- fat 4 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- sugars 11 g
- fiber 3 g
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 274 mg
- calcium 119 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Place the soup in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and keep warm.
While the soup is heating, top each toasted bread round with 1 cheese slice; place on a baking pan. Bake in middle of oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
Add the sour cream and basil to soup. Ladle soup into bowls; top with toasts. Sprinkle with pepper and garnish with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.