- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons red or yellow curry paste
- 4 cups peeled and chopped winter squash, such as delicata, acorn or butternut
- 1 can (14 ounce) light or regular coconut milk or one 11 ounce carton coconut water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
How to Make It
Add the oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger and curry powder or paste. Saute another minute or so.
Add the squash, coconut milk or water and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender.
Using an immersion blender blend the soup until it is the consistency that you like, completely smooth or with a few chunks.
Add the lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Top with chopped cilantro or parsley and garnish with a wedge of lime.