Creamy Tart with Pecan Crust and Berries
"It's easy, sweet tart" by Alicia Ross with Beverly Mills, United Feature Syndicate. This simple, creamy tart highlights the taste of whatever fresh berries are available. The secret is to coarsely chop the fruit about 30 minutes before serving and sprinkle just a taste of sugar on top. Stir well and let the berries stand at room temperature. Instantly, the sugared berries make a delicious dessert sauce. Desperation Dinners. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: August 17, 2011.
Cool: 10 Minutes
Refrigerate: 50 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 stick(s) (1/2 cup) cold butter, cut into pieces
- Dash of salt
- 8 ounce(s) Neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese), at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) chopped berries of choice
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 12-inch tart pan. In the bowl of a food processor, combine crust ingredients. Pulse on high to just combine. Mixture will resemble coarse meal. Press into prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove and allow crust to rest while preparing the filling.
- 2. Combine the filling ingredients and whisk well, or use a hand-held mixer with a whisk attachment. Mixture should be smooth. Spread over crust, carefully spreading to within ½ inch of the sides of the pan. Crust will be tender, so spreading in long strokes from the center will result in a “cleaner” cream center. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes, until center is firm. Remove tart from oven and cool for 10 minutes; then refrigerate, uncovered, for 50 minutes.
- 3. About 30 minutes before serving, coarsely chop berries of choice and place them in a medium bowl; sprinkle with sugar. Stir well and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir berries well, then serve over tart slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note