Creamy Tarragon Shrimp Toasts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 7.1g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- 1 cup mascarpone or soft cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded lemon zest
- 20 to 22 thin slices baguette, cut on the diagonal and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled, deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), tails pulled off, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Tarragon sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, mix mascarpone and lemon zest. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on 1 side of each baguette slice and set on a platter (save any leftover cheese mixture for another use).
- 2. Pour oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until beginning to turn pink on the outside, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, pour in wine, and boil, stirring often, until liquid is almost all evaporated and shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, chopped tarragon, and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 3. Spoon a couple of shrimp with some sauce onto each toast and sprinkle with sea salt. Garnish each with a tarragon sprig.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per crostini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers