Creamy Tarragon Shrimp Toasts
This elegant shrimp appetizer features shrimp sauteed in wine and fresh herbs, then served over toasted baguette slices topped with mascarpone cheese or cream cheese.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 7.1g
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- 1 cup mascarpone or soft cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded lemon zest
- 20 to 22 thin slices baguette, cut on the diagonal and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled, deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), tails pulled off, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Tarragon sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, mix mascarpone and lemon zest. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on 1 side of each baguette slice and set on a platter (save any leftover cheese mixture for another use).
- 2. Pour oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until beginning to turn pink on the outside, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, pour in wine, and boil, stirring often, until liquid is almost all evaporated and shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, chopped tarragon, and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 3. Spoon a couple of shrimp with some sauce onto each toast and sprinkle with sea salt. Garnish each with a tarragon sprig.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per crostini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This