- 1 cup mascarpone or soft cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded lemon zest
- 20 to 22 thin slices baguette, cut on the diagonal and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled, deveined shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), tails pulled off, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Tarragon sprigs
- calories 125
- caloriesfromfat 49 %
- protein 7.1 g
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 8.4 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 129 mg
- cholesterol 47 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, mix mascarpone and lemon zest. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on 1 side of each baguette slice and set on a platter (save any leftover cheese mixture for another use).
Pour oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until beginning to turn pink on the outside, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, pour in wine, and boil, stirring often, until liquid is almost all evaporated and shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, chopped tarragon, and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
Spoon a couple of shrimp with some sauce onto each toast and sprinkle with sea salt. Garnish each with a tarragon sprig.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per crostini.