I couldn't find strawberry frozen yogurt so I substituted full fat strawberry ice cream, which I thought would be even better. The puree ruined the creamy ice cream; the texture turned out like a strawberry ice. Could not taste the mint at all.
Creamy Strawberry-Mint Pie
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
Stand: 35 Minutes
Freeze: 3 Hours
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 1/2 (18-oz.) package reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 22 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 qt. fat-free or low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt
- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Garnishes: fresh strawberry slices, edible flowers, Strawberry Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process cookies and butter in a food processor until finely chopped. Firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- 2. Let frozen yogurt stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- 3. Process strawberries, powdered sugar, and mint in food processor until strawberries are pureed, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- 4. Place frozen yogurt in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture into yogurt until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Publix Low Fat Strawberry Frozen Yogurt and Reduced Fat Oreo cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note