Everything I look for in a recipe: easy, nutritious, delicious and kid friendly!
Creamy Spinach and Parmesan Dip
What's good about it: Spinach is a vitamin powerhouse. Cottage cheese subs for sour cream, making the dip high in protein and low in fat. Serve with whole-grain baguette toasts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 41
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 224mg
- Cholesterol: 4.1mg
- 10 ounce baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly shredded (about 1 cup if shredded with a Microplane)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Put spinach in a large microwave-safe bowl and drape bowl with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave until spinach is tender, stirring a couple of times, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain spinach and let stand until cool enough to handle. Squeeze out liquid, then finely chop.
- 2. Whirl cottage cheese, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a food processor until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping inside of bowl as needed. Scrape into a bowl and stir in spinach. Serve dip at room temperature or chilled, with baguette toasts or crackers.
- Make ahead: Up to 2 days, chilled.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-Tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note