Creamy Smoked Trout Spread
Time: 20 minutes. You can't go wrong with good smoked fish, some cream, and fresh herbs. Sunset reader Manuela Rohr whirls them up in a food processor for this quick and delicious appetizer. She suggests serving it on crackers or rye bread.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 77%
- Protein: 9.6g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 385mg
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- 2 smoked trout fillets (8 oz. total), skinned and boned
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, pulse trout, shallot, crème fraîche, and cream together until smooth. Add dill and pepper, then pulse just to combine. Serve with crackers.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note