Creamy Smoked Salmon-Scrambled Eggs over Asiago Potato Pancakes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- Asiago Potato Pancakes
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 6 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces chopped cold- or hot-smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced shallots
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare pancakes, cover, and keep warm.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and 3 tablespoons chives.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring with a spatula, until they hold together but are still soft. Add smoked salmon, and continue cooking 1 minute, until the eggs are cooked but still moist. If using cold-smoked salmon, remove pan from heat immediately to prevent salmon from overcooking.
- Arrange 3 pancakes each on 4 individual serving plates. Spoon the eggs on top. Combine shallots and crème fraîche, and dollop on eggs. Sprinkle with remaining chives and pepper.
- The case for wine: Aside from his duties as CEO and president of Carnival Cruise Lines, Bob Dickinson pursues his passion for wine. Evidence? His wine cellar contains more than 22,000 bottles, making it one of the country's largest private collections. As founder of the Presidential Wine Club, Bob insists that good wine be fun and accessible. Bob's recommendation: Chardonnay or any bone-dry Spanish white.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes