I would say this recipe calls for a 3 1/2. For flavor and hearty-ness, a four! For diet, a 3! I would not recommend this meal for a night that heavy appetizers have been served because this is very very filling!
Creamy Shrimp and Rice
- 1 pound unpeeled medium-size, cooked shrimp
- 1 (3.5-oz.) bag SUCCESS White, Brown, or Jasmine Rice
- 1 (12-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8-oz.) container chive-and-onion cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 3. Sauté mushrooms and garlic in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Stir in cream cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in shrimp, spinach, and 1/4 cup water; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Fold in rice, lemon juice, and up to 1/4 cup additional water, if necessary, for desired consistency. (Mixture should be creamy.) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes