- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined, large raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- Herbed Breadcrumbs
- Garnish: chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup hot pasta water.
Cook shrimp in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or just until pink. Remove from skillet. Add butter to skillet. Cook shallots in melted butter, stirring often, about 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds.
Stir in wine, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to about 1 Tbsp. Stir in heavy cream and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese, lemon juice, spaghetti, and reserved 1/4 cup pasta water. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and capers, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Herbed Breadcrumbs.