Creamy Shrimp and Pea Pasta
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 31.4g
- Carbohydrate: 43.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 982mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Add half-and-half, 3 tablespoons chopped basil, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, 4 minutes. Add cheese, and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Place peas in a colander. Drain pasta over peas in colander.
- Add pasta and peas to shrimp mixture, and toss gently. Cook over low heat 2 minutes. Stir in remaining chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This