Creamy Shrimp and Pea Pasta
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes. Ask for peeled and deveined shrimp in the seafood market or at the seafood counter at the grocery store. If you prefer to buy it in the shell, you'll need to get about 1 1/3 pounds.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 409
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 31.4g
- Carbohydrate: 43.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 982mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Add half-and-half, 3 tablespoons chopped basil, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, 4 minutes. Add cheese, and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Place peas in a colander. Drain pasta over peas in colander.
- Add pasta and peas to shrimp mixture, and toss gently. Cook over low heat 2 minutes. Stir in remaining chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note