- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- calories 409
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 10.9 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 31.4 g
- carbohydrate 43.8 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 182 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 982 mg
- calcium 163 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Add half-and-half, 3 tablespoons chopped basil, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, 4 minutes. Add cheese, and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts.
Place peas in a colander. Drain pasta over peas in colander.
Add pasta and peas to shrimp mixture, and toss gently. Cook over low heat 2 minutes. Stir in remaining chopped basil. Serve immediately.