- 12 ounces uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine*
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound peeled cooked medium shrimp, tails removed (about 41 to 50 shrimp)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 427
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 50.3 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 144 mg
- iron 4.8 mg
- sodium 522 mg
- calcium 159 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; return to pan. Stir in spinach; toss until spinach wilts. Set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until browned. Add onion, and sauté over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
Stir in chicken broth and white wine. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream cheese and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Add shrimp, and cook until thoroughly heated. Pour shrimp mixture over pasta mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
*1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth may be substituted.