Absolutely delicious but i made some changes ( I know, I know) left out cream cheese & sour cream (to cut fat) used cream of shrimp soup, added white wine, mushrooms, shallots , sealegs, and some brown rice. So, so good. Had problems finding a good seafood casserole, this fit my needs. Delicious, company worthy, super easy.
Creamy Shrimp-and-Scallops Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Other: 29 Minutes
- 16 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh bay scallops
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Cut phyllo sheets into 13- x 9-inch rectangles; reserve half of phyllo sheets, keeping covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out. Stack remaining 8 sheets in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, lightly coating each sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp and scallops; cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cream cheese and next 4 ingredients until blended; remove from heat. Stir in spinach.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking constantly; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add 2 cups half-and-half; cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir flour mixture into shrimp mixture. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Stack reserved phyllo sheets, coating each sheet with cooking spray. Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting at long end, and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Unroll each piece, and gently twist; arrange twists in a diamond pattern over casserole.
- Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles