Creamy Shrimp and Broccoli Bow Tie Pasta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-3 head(s) broccoli Chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 box(es) Farfalle pasta (1 lb bow tie or pasta of your choice)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2/3 cup(s) white wine
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper
- 1 pound(s) Deveined and peeled uncooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup(s) Grape tomatoes Halved
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese Grated or finely shredded
- Salt To taste
- 1 Fill a large 8-quart stock pot at least half full with water and with 1 Tbsp of salt; bring to a boil.
- 2 While the water is the large stockpot is heating, bring a smaller saucepan (2-3 quarts) half filled with water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Drain and run the broccoli under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- 3 Cook the pasta in the large pot of boiling water according to the directions on the package (anywhere from 3 to 12 minutes, depending on the type of pasta you have) until al dente, or still slightly firm. Drain and toss with a little olive oil to keep from sticking.
- 4 While the pasta is cooking, combine the cream, wine, garlic, and black and crushed red pepper in a large skillet and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- 5 Add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp have turned pink on all sides. Toss in the broccoli. Salt to taste.
- 6 Spoon pasta into individual pasta bowls and top with mixture, spooning additional creamy sauce over each serving. Garnish each serving with 1/8 cup Parmesan and a few tomatoe halves.
- Serves 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LaurenWB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note