Creamy Shells wuth Peas & Bacon
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) Whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup(s) Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter cut into small pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slice(s) Bacon cut into 1/4 inch stripes
- 1 container(s) medium onion chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound(s) small shell or penne
- 2 cup(s) Frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- Bring water to a boil for cooking pasta.
- Place ricotta, parmesan, butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a very large bowl.
- Fry bacon until crisp in olive oil, drain & transfer to plate lined with paper towels. Add onion to pan & cook until lightly golden, add garlic & cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Transfer onion mixture to bowl with ricotta mixture.
- Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon salt & pasta to boiling water. When pasta is about 1 minute shy of dente, add peas & cook for 1 minute more. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain pasta && peas. Add pasta & peas to bowl & toss to coat, adding reserved liquid if needed. Stir in crisp bacon & adjust seasoning with salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pattyholland and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes