Creamy Shells wuth Peas & Bacon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup(s) Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter cut into small pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slice(s) Bacon cut into 1/4 inch stripes
- 1 container(s) medium onion chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound(s) small shell or penne
- 2 cup(s) Frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- Bring water to a boil for cooking pasta.
- Place ricotta, parmesan, butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a very large bowl.
- Fry bacon until crisp in olive oil, drain & transfer to plate lined with paper towels. Add onion to pan & cook until lightly golden, add garlic & cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Transfer onion mixture to bowl with ricotta mixture.
- Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon salt & pasta to boiling water. When pasta is about 1 minute shy of dente, add peas & cook for 1 minute more. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain pasta && peas. Add pasta & peas to bowl & toss to coat, adding reserved liquid if needed. Stir in crisp bacon & adjust seasoning with salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pattyholland and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note