Creamy Roasted Broccoli Soup
Photo: Chris Court
Roasting broccoli and garlic for this creamy, rich and very easy soup gives it a lot of additional flavor.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets, stems reserved for another use
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Croutons, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Wrap the garlic in a foil packet and roast for 50 minutes, until softened. Meanwhile, in a small roasting pan, toss the broccoli with the olive oil and butter and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a blender. Add the roasted broccoli, cream cheese and broth and puree until smooth. Transfer the soup to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and serve with croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews