Creamy Rice Pudding With Praline Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked MAHATMA Extra Long-Grain White Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups half-and-half, divided
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20 caramels
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 2 cups half-and-half in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Whisk together egg yolks, 1/2 cup half-and-half, and sugar. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot rice mixture into yolk mixture; stir yolk mixture into remaining hot mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened and bubbly (about 7 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 3. Stir together caramels and remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Serve over rice pudding.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This