Creamy Raspberry Bites
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- Process 1/2 cup raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating at low speed until blended; set aside.
- Cook remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a heavy saucepan over low heat, without stirring, until sugar dissolves and a candy thermometer registers 248° (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating constantly at high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add butter pieces and raspberry puree, and beat frosting mixture at medium speed 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Spoon frosting mixture into a 1-quart zip-top plastic freezer bag or piping bag. Seal freezer bag, and snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe a small amount into hollow end of 4 cups fresh raspberries.
- Note: Frosting mixture may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To soften for piping or spreading consistency, place in a glass bowl; microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Whisk and then microwave 30 more seconds. Whisk until smooth.
- Creamy Berry Ladyfingers: Prepare frosting as directed. Pipe frosting on cut sides of 1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, split, and top evenly with 2 cups sliced strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar. Prep: 35 min. Makes 24 servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts