Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin
Warm and cheesy...these potatoes are always a favorite.
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick and divided
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Arrange half the potato slices in a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Top with onion and remaining potatoes; add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and salt; stir constantly with a whisk one minute. Stir in milk; cook until thickened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese; continue to stir until melted.
- Pour over potatoes; cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for one hour. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Casseroles