We found it pretty bland and it had an oniony after taste. Might try to make it again, cutting back to 1/4 cup of onions & adding some cheese.
Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon
Photo: Kana Okada; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 877mg
- 6 slices bacon (about 6 oz.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 baking potatoes (about 2 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp and browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, crumble.
- 2. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. fat and return pot to medium heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme and sauté until onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Working in batches, process in blender with sour cream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Ladle soup into bowls and top with chives and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note