We found it pretty bland and it had an oniony after taste. Might try to make it again, cutting back to 1/4 cup of onions & adding some cheese.
Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon
Use your blender for this easy potato soup that gets its creaminess from the addition of sour cream and savory flavor from bacon, onion and garlic.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 877mg
- 6 slices bacon (about 6 oz.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 baking potatoes (about 2 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp and browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, crumble.
- 2. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. fat and return pot to medium heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme and sauté until onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Working in batches, process in blender with sour cream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Ladle soup into bowls and top with chives and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note