Creamy Potato Soup (w/ Vegan option)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 stalk(s) celery diced
- 2/3 whole(s) white or yellow onions diced
- 3-4 clove(s) garlic smashed, diced
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) frozen crinkle cut carrots
- 1 cup(s) frozen broccoli florets
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes peeled, cut into small chunks
- 3-4 small russet potatoes peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1-3 tablespoon(s) salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half (original unsweetened almond milk as a Vegan substitute)
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, celery until the start to sweat then add pepper and 1 T of salt.
- When onions start becoming translucent, add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add russet and sweet potatoes to pot and top off with water to just above the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add sage, oregano, basil, and celery seed.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let slow boil for about 20-25 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally (the water will reduce)
- With the back of your spoon smash the potatoes in two or three places to give the broth a bit of texture.
- Add half and half and stir in broccoli until tender.
- Serve while hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bmonies and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note