Creamy Potato Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) shallot diced
- 2 to 3 slice(s) bacon diced
- 1 whole(s) baking potato diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 stalk(s) celery diced
- 24 to 28 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 4 to 8 ounce(s) heavy cream
- 1 half white onion diced
- 1 can(s) 98% fat free cream of celery soup
- Saute bacon, onion, celery and shallot in 2 tbs butter until soft;
- Add diced potato and saute another 5 mins;
- Add chicken broth;
- Cook until potatoes are soft;
- Blend 1/2 to 3/4 of the potato mixture until somewhat smooth;
- Add back to pot;
- Stir in cornstarch mixed with a little bit of water;
- Add heavy cream;
- Cook until heated through and the soup has thickened.
- Top with Vermont White Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebbieWhaley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note